Ready to achieve real impact with Data & Ai?
Data Scientist (f/m/d)
Who we are
We at NEWNOW believe the best decisions are made when humans and machines work together. We are a decision technology company, on a mission to make AI more accessible to business decision makers. We build AI-powered Decision Cockpits that are easy to use and let business managers combine AI insights with domain experience to generate fast ROI.
You will be one of the first key hires in a fast-growing start-up company and get to shape our growth trajectory together with the founding team of successful entrepreneurs and investors. This will enable you to expand your own entrepreneurial skillset and network.
- As a data scientist, you will be responsible for turning gigabytes of data into accessible insights to support and improve decisions that will help our renowned clients – including DAX30 organisations and Fortune-500 companies – reach their goals.
- You'll apply advanced analytics, quantitative tools, and modeling techniques.
- You’ll interpret, offer recommendations and built solutions based on insights from the data.
- You'll mostly work on interesting & highly difficult technical problems that challenge you intellectually.
- You'll work in a highly engaged, fun and skilled team ranging from global C-Levels to top machine learning engineers.
- We offer you the flexibility to work from anywhere in Europe CET +/- 3 hours or join our offices in Frankfurt opening June 2023, manage your working hours yourself, and co-shape our working principles.
"I am constantly inspired by the motivating and intellectually stimulating environment that we operate in at NEWNOW. Building cutting-edge Machine Learning solutions and regularly communicating with experienced senior executives pushes me to grow at a great pace."
"NEWNOW has a unique and motivating work culture. I really value the flexibility that remote working allows, and I also enjoy the social environment that we cultivate every day. Personal development and knowledge sharing is very important to us, and we are constantly helping each other to grow in different ways. It's great how we always encourage each other to challenge ideas. All opinions are respected at NEWNOW and it makes for a fun working environment."
"NEWNOW is a place where everyone’s opinion is heard and valued and despite the remote-first nature of the company I never feel disconnected from the rest of the team. For all the challenges that we face, work or non-work related, there’s always somebody there that will support us."
"To me, it is important that we design NEWNOW together as a team – what we value, how we work and how we want to scale. The team we are building is truly exceptional and NEWNOW should always be a great place for us to grow, while allowing for the flexibility to fit into our individual lives beyond work. I love that we are testing different ideas on how to work together effectively, both remotely and in-person, I think this is the future of knowledge work. And on a less serious note, we have a lot of fun together (take our meme channel as proof...)”
What You'll Bring
- You will be responsible for turning gigabytes of data into insights and eventually actions that will help our clients reach their net positive goals
- Analyse raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream processing
- During a project’s life cycle you will clean and manipulate various datasets and produce insightful Exploratory Data Analyses (EDA)
- Build Machine Learning models and create tools that our clients will directly use on their journey to a more sustainable future
- As one of the first employees of the company, you will learn how to quickly scale a start-up business and directly work with the founding team
- You will get to co-define the company you want to thrive in and help build key structures required to scale our operations, co-define our data science guidelines and principles, and help us bring to life a unique culture and work environment
What we offer
- Top of your class at a renowned university in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or AI
- Exceptional track record beyond your studies (e.g. sports, social initiatives, entrepreneurial activities)
- Intuition for statistical methods beyond their mere mathematical definitions
- Understanding of statistical methods and implementation of Machine Learning algorithms to solve real life problems. Terms like cluster analysis, collaborative filtering and principal component analysis should excite you
- Fluency in R or Python with key focus on data manipulation and visualisation
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain a tidy coding file is crucial
- At least 1-2 years relevant work experience in a high-performance environment like a start-up, preferably in a data & analytics role
- A problem-solving mindset and eagerness to tackle the trickiest challenges
- Remote work in time zones CET +/- 2h possible. Option to work permanently or occasionally at our new Frankfurt Office opening mid 2023
- Willingness to travel occasionally (to quarterly retreats or client workshops)
- Fluent in English (Fluency in German is a plus)